Finding the perfect bridesmaids dresses for your bridesmaids can be a difficult task. You want your ‘maids to be able to dance comfortably, look fabulous, afford the dress, possibly wear it again and most importantly feel beautiful. With so many colors, fabrics and silhouettes, it can be daunting to choose a singular style. Thankfully, with all the new trends, you don’t have to pick just one look for every member of your bridal party! Read our top tips and trends as you begin considering your bride tribe’s ensembles:
Here are some quick tips before you make your bridesmaids appointment:
- Begin shopping at least four to six months prior to the big day. You want to allow enough time for ordering and alterations.
- Consider your bridal party. No two bodies will look the same or feel equally comfortable in any given silhouette, so ask your ‘maids if they have any requests or concerns before you start bridesmaid dress shopping. It’s unlikely that stores will have a dress in different sizes, as most stores only carry a sample size bridesmaid dress. What does that mean for you? It means that dress probably won’t fit properly, so don’t be discouraged if that dress is too small or too large, initially. Before you order a dress, your store will measure you and suggest a size based on those measurements. This ensures you’re getting the best possible size. Sometimes a store may suggest sizing up if you’re in between sizes, not a big deal!
- Be upfront about the costs. Being a bridesmaid can be expensive! Have an honest conversation with your ‘maids about what they can afford.
See more bridesmaids shopping tips here.
Bridesmaids Dress Trends
The bridal fashion industry is always circulating through hot new styles and colors. Here are the top trends for bridesmaids:
The most common theme for bridal parties? Matching bridesmaids dresses. The traditional custom of matching bridesmaids dresses dates way back to ancient Rome! An entire bridal party (including the bride) would dress identically to confuse an ill-intended suitor or demonic spirit from stealing the bride. These days, brides opt for matching ‘maids to conduct a chic, cohesive look.
Sorella Vita Style #9242
Same Color, Different Styles
As mentioned, not every bridesmaid will have the same body type, build or sense of style. Some brides will choose a specific color and then allow their ‘maids to select their desired silhouette. This gives your girls a little freedom to select a style that they feel the best in. It increases their chances of wearing the gown again and the overall look of your bridal party is consistent, chic and fun. Pro tip: limit bridemaids’ dress choices to one designer to keep the color consistent.
Sorella Vita Style 9050, Style 8798, and Style 9072 in color: dusty lavender.
Mix and Match Bridesmaids Dresses
This is definitely at the top of 2019/2020 bridesmaids trends. To play up your color palette and go for a more vibrant look, incorporate two colors into your bridesmaids’ dresses! You can mix and match two colors of the same style or allow your bridal party to choose any style in the given palette. The end result? Happy ‘maids and one gorgeous, colorful bridal party!
How to Mix and Match Flawlessly:
- Color – Think same color, different dresses. Choosing a color palette, or simply one solid color for your ‘maids will help your girls look cohesive and stylish. If you’re going for a blush color palette, for example, give your ‘maids specific colors that you think match or even your choice of different dresses in your choice of colors. This way, all your bridesmaids can choose a silhouette that flatters them!
- Shoes – Have your friends wear the same shoes, or the same style of shoes to tie the mix-and-match bridal party look together. Keep in mind the length of their dresses and the season when choosing.
- Pick one designer – If you want your bridal party to have a more uniform look, try choosing dresses from one designer. Most designers have a variety of dresses within the same color family in different fabrics and silhouettes for you and your bridesmaids to choose from.
- Hair and makeup – Everyone has different taste and different hairstyles and textures, but having your bridal party wear their hair in a similar way is a great way to create a polished look. All up or down, curled or braided, adds a cohesive element to your bridesmaids.
- Accessories – Gift your bridesmaids a necklace or pair of earrings they can wear for the ceremony that doubles as a way to tie their looks together. It is a simple way to make your bridesmaids’ styles similar.
Sorella Vita Style 9214
Short Bridesmaids Dresses
Planning a seaside ceremony or light and fun summer nuptials? Short bridesmaid dresses are just as bridal as long bridesmaid dresses but without the fuss of all that fabric. Flirty, easy-to-wear and perfect for any girl in your party, short bridesmaid dresses can complement any wedding party. Whether you want a short chiffon dress, something with sequins, or even a tea length bridesmaid dresses, Sorella Vita’s options are endless.
Sorella Vita Style #8613
Sorella Vita Style #8871
Sequin Bridesmaids Dresses
Sleek silhouettes and all over, iridescent shimmer bring a throwback glamour we love. Statement-making matte sequin is never too much in a bridal party that was made for standing out. Whether you love the allover look or prefer the Art-Deco-inspired pattern of Nouveau Sequin, these sequin bridesmaid dresses can’t be ignored. Perfect for an enchanting New Years Eve wedding but stylish enough for a captivating Hamptons ceremony, you truly cannot go wrong with this bridesmaid look.
Sorella Vita Style 9018
It’s so important that your bridesmaids are comfortable and feel like themselves on your big day. They shouldn’t have to fuss with a dress that doesn’t suit their silhouette or personal style. With a range of fabrics, over 100 colors and a variety of styles, Sorella Vita is the go-to brand for statement-making bridal parties. Flattering necklines pair with column skirts while gorgeous fabrics and stunning colors are available to help brides create a dreamy color palette for their besties. Whether you want a totally mix-and-match look, something classic like satin and chiffon, or even sequin, Sorella Vita’s 2019 bridesmaid dresses were made for the modern ‘maid. The result? Incredibly versatile and romantic dresses that are perfect for any wedding!
Grab your girls and head to a Sorella Vita retailer near you!
Sorella Vita Style #9296
The post Trends and Tips for Choosing Bridesmaids Dresses appeared first on Pretty Happy Love – Wedding Blog | Essense Designs Wedding Dresses.
View Original Article
Hope you enjoyed reading this article.